Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Gold Rush ......... any followers or watchers

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
On 2/3/2011 2:13 PM, Steve B wrote:

If you're going to Australia, you could find one gold nugget that would
pay
for the whole trip.

There were gold fields not too far away from where I'll be settling. But
of much greater interest would be caches of coins buried by bushrangers of
the mid 1800's. My wife knows the bush as intimately as anyone within a
100 mile radius. I'm confident we'll uncover a stash or two. She's found a
few coins that are fairly valuable already. They are out there and not so
many people looking for them.

A great book for anyone seeking hidden/lost treasure is "Treasure Hunter's
Manual" by Karl von Mueller.

Jon

I almost emigrated to Australia in 1966 after high school, but could not
qualify under their strict job standards. I have always found it
fascinating, and may still go some day. There are some very big nuggets
found there, and if you live close to a known deposit, you're in a good
spot. Just see what detectors the locals are using, and buy a good one.
Then spend the time to learn how to use it right.

Can I come visit?

Steve