Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - HELP !!! I'm falling and can't get up!!!!

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 2/2/2011 2:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
"Han" wrote in message
Frank wrote in news:iic4r6$mno$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

My dad, when in his 80's fell in the snow his parking lot and though
unhurt could not get up and it was 15 minutes before someone found

him.

Make them wear an alert thingy. It works!

--
Best regards
Han

My wife fell in the driveway and had quite a wait. Now, she it not
allowed to even go to the mailbox without a cellphone. She's had a
couple of issues to warrant that.

Even a cellphone that's not registered or signed up for any service,
can still dial and call 911. Heck, I've seen prepaid cellphones for
sale at less than $10.

TDD

Fry's was selling Verizon camera phones made by Samsung for $7. I bought a
whole bunch. There's one in each glove compartment and I gave one to an
elderly friend who had a spontaneous fall on the way to the kitchen and was
lying there until his daughter found him. Got a little belt pouch for it so
he can have it with him all the time.

Since they're prepaid, there's no worry that someone will break into the car
and take them and run up a huge cellphone bill. I haven't activated any of
them simply because despite the bold letters that say "Pay only on the days
you use it" they've rigged it so that money evaporates from the account the
second it's activated. VW is the worst cell phone carrier in the world but
they also have the best coverage.

--
Bobby G.