Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Whatever happened to DIY dry cleaning.?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:37:28 -0800 (PST), BobR
wrote:

I have 10 of those hanging in my closet gathering a lot of dust. I
used to wear a suit every day of the work week and on Sunday. Rotated
through them thru the week. Then we started with casual Friday and I
got out of wearing it one day a week. Not long after that business
casual became the norm and the suits went the way of the typewriter.
Had to have one of them cleaned recently so I could attend a funeral
and guess what...I was one of a very small minority wearing a suit.

Guess I must be one of those OLD PEOPLE who just hasn't died yet.
While it is comfortable to not have to wear the old monkey suit I miss
the professionalism that it generally represented.

That's sort of what I was thinking. You can skip professionalism at
your job if you don't care, or the boss doesn't care or doesn't
insist.

But to skip formality at a funeral, where it's meant to show respect
to someone ELSE, not to promote one's own career, seems very rude to
the family of the deceased, and if one is part of the family, to the
rest of the family and the deceased himself.