Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default tambour doors. How to?

On Feb 3, 12:24*am, Swingman wrote:
On 2/2/2011 7:57 PM, Han wrote:

New TV. Big, and better half wants doors in front of it. *I'm thinking
tambour doors, but the Amana 3-bit set is expensive. *The Rockler 2-bit kit
is cheaper, but requires wires. *Is there another way apart from gluing
strips onto canvas?

When I built some tambour door appliance garages a couple of years ago
all internet roads led back to Rockler for just about everything.

If you want to buy ready made, IIRC, 50" widths were readily available.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

For sure ready made is the way to go here. All kinds of woods,
shapes...and lower cost than what you'd expect.
I have made canvas backed tambours... it's not that easy. The strips
like to stick to each other when gluing up the panels... a little wax
on the sides of the strips helps that.