Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Welding shirts

"Snag" wrote

I like heavy cotton twill shirts , long sleeve . On the burning issue , I
smoked a hole in my insulated covvies the other day with the angle grinder
. Started gettin' a little warm down there around the boys , I put that
one out right quick too I mean !!

--
Snag

Frays will catch fire in a second. I will either have Levis patched or quit
wearing them for welding once they have a fray at all. I like the 507 boot
cuts that fit right over steel toed Wellington Red Wings.

Catching fire goes something like this .............

welding welding welding ....... is that smoke I smell ............. hey, the
twins are getting warm ............ oooooooo that kinda feels good
.................... I better stop welding and check this out
........................ oh, **** .................. slap slap slap dance
dance dance slap and dance slap and dance slap and dance ............

Frayed cotton is the worst, and any cotton rags will eventually burst into
flames after smoking for a long time. Unless, of course, you've been using
them for cleaning rags with a little gasoline .......... they light much
easier then instead of just smoldering. Poly blends and synthetics melt and
will stick to skin.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.