Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - HELP !!! I'm falling and can't get up!!!!

Frank wrote in
:

On 2/2/2011 1:16 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:iic4r6$mno$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

My dad, when in his 80's fell in the snow his parking lot and though
unhurt could not get up and it was 15 minutes before someone found
him.

Make them wear an alert thingy. It works!

I think the alert thingy only works in the house where the receiver is
and besides a Tracfone is much cheaper - $10 vs ~$30/month.

It is good for the confined elderly as it is always with them. I
heard of one couple using it to summon help when their house was being
burglarized.

Dad died over 10 years ago at age 88 but spent the last 5 years in a
nursing home after a stroke. The woman in the apartment below his
heard him banging on the floor but if he had the alert thingy and was
able to use it, it might have kept him out of the nursing home as
rapid stroke response can save the further brain injury that occurs
thereafter.

The alert thingy hangs around your neck, so it is always with you. A
cell phone may be in your pocket, or may be on the litchen counter or the
nightstand when you fall next to the dining room table and break your
hip. Happened to Dad, and the alert thingy got the neighbor there in a
flash.

--
Best regards
Han