Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default How to fix spring sticking out of matress

On 2/1/2011 3:12 PM, John Doe wrote:
clare snyder.on.ca wrote:

John wrote:

Buy an air bed. The only reason I can imagine that air beds have
not replaced conventional mattresses has something to do with a
conspiracy theory about mattress manufacturers. Why anyone sleeps
on a conventional mattress anymore is a mystery to me. Sleeping on
an air bed is like sleeping on air... and that's the way it is.

Good luck and have fun.

Or a quality FOAM mattress.
At the VERY least a "pocket coil" type.

Have you slept on a modern air bed? The type that has
vinyl/whatever pillars inside. It is not like an air mattress that
is used for floating in a pool. The inner structure keeps the air
compartment level throughout the mattress. And the air makes it a
marvelously comfortable place to rest.

Why others are not sold on the idea is like the eighth wonder of the
world to me.

To each his own, I guess.

I thought I may have bought a Temperpedic too soon ~ 10 years ago. If
the room gets cold it gets hard as a rock. OK, as hard as a soft rock.
Now my gal bought me a heated mattress pad, separate controls for each
side. Now it's pretty damn good, I can turn the heat down to 50F and
sleep GREAT on a warm - not hot bed.