Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Bathroom wall framing for towel racks, etc.

On Feb 2, 1:10*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 2, 8:34*am, gpsman wrote:

On Feb 2, 12:16*am, RicodJour wrote:

One thing that has always bothered me is that towel bars and grab bars
are frequently 18", 24" or 30" long. *Never could understand that.

It might suggest anchoring them in studs is overkill.

Mounting a grab bar to a stud is overkill? *Read that again.

I was picturing the grab bars I've seen mounted to pre-installed
ceramic tile walls.

What's the weight of 2 bath-wet towels, 6 pounds, tops?

This thread started this way:
On Feb 1, 7:48 am, "Bill" wrote:

Just thought about another "feature" I can install in my bathroom
remodel project...

That is, how many times have you seen a bathroom towel rack, toilet
paper holder, etc. torn from the drywall and then it is a pain to put
back up securely?

I've seen this many times.

I've also seen it many times. *Maybe those people have lead towels?
Or just possibly they get more abuse than the weight of towels.

Your mileage will not vary. *You've seen the same thing.

I didn't say I hadn't seen it, but IME the bar tends to break or bend
first.
-----

- gpsman