Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default J.D. Power - auto insurance ratings

On Jan 31, 8:52*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
? *I posted this last night but it hasn't showed up, so excuse if
duplicate.
I need to leave my car insurer of 20 years, 21st Century. *First they
were taken over by AIG "too big to fail",but left them some time after
the crash of 2008. *Then 21st *fell into the vile embrace of Farmers
-- easily the WORST insurer in the business, at least to judge from
the overwhelmingly negative reviews on-line. * My experience with them
has been so bad that I am finally roused from my apathy to change.

A company called AMICA has been voted Best for 10+ years running by
J.D. Power.

1. *Is J.D. Power reliable? *i.e. influenced by ? or independent.

2. *Anybody used AMICA? *Your experience?

TIA

HB

Actually, my question was only partly about a specific insurer.

I was mostly curious whether J.D. Power is reliable as an evaluator.
Any opinions? Experience?
TIA

HB