Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default 5" ROS choices?

On Feb 2, 6:31*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/2/2011 4:59 PM, Leon wrote:

*wrote in message
-MIKE- wrote:

If I had a job that required a bunch of sanding, I would probably pop
$170 on that Festool 125 ROS ...

I thought it was closer to 2X that... ?

--

There is a Festool ROS that is considerable less expensive than the
Rotex125/150. *It is more of a finish sander rather than an all around

I'm glad I took your advice and bought into the Festool sander gig, and
I'm glad I took your advice and got the Rotex125 instead of the 150.

I tend to go toward bigger is better in that kind of tool (the more
surface area the quicker I'm done kinda thinking), but the 150 would be
a bit much to handle in the marathon sanding sessions that I'm wont to
do when I finally get started.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

errrmmm... the 150 Rotex is a totally different sander doing much more
amazing things...stay tuned...LOL