Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT - HELP !!! I'm falling and can't get up!!!!

On 2/2/2011 10:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

We got hit pretty hard over night (Monday night)
with freezing rain that turned to ice. . . .
We had 300 emergency room visits today in our
city from people falling and getting hurt on the ice.

I didn't go to the ER, but I did get a concussion yesterday. Slipped on
ice under the snow and was on my back before I even realized I was
falling, banged the back of my head on the ice. Scary for a few seconds
because at first, I could not move at all. I'll have some effects for a
few days, at least. I'm not going out at al today.

Sorry to hear that and hope you are okay. I'm 67 and have gotten
really, really cautious on ice and snow; indoors, too, with nightlights,
etc. Have been out shoveling some of our driveway today, taking time
out. Grandsons will finish. I figure if it doesn't kill me, it is good
exercise, carefully and in moderation. This snow is crusty on top and
very heavy. Still some discussion, I think, of the possibility of some
freezing rain for our area of N. Indiana (not lake)...don't want the
whole mess frozen in place.