Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default OT - HELP !!! I'm falling and can't get up!!!!

clipped

When I was in H.S. we had an ice storm, school not closed. I lived two
blocks from school and normal transit time was about five minutes.
After this ice storm, couldn't walk on sidewalks so walked on tree
lawns. Took an hour to get there and find the campus flooded - then
walked through ankle deep water to get to the building. No big deal )

...and it was uphill both ways. :-)

My son found a funny story yesterday about the "older" generation, ca.
1980 ) I did recently, for the first time in my life, hear a pack of
coyotes howling in the woods behind our house...they were probably a
block or two distant. Awesome, haven't seen one in the wild yet. This
fall, the two local towns had open hunting for deer with bow and
arrow...90 deer taken, and they are still plentiful. 5 or 6 in the yard
last evening. My school days were completely lacking in mountains,
wolves, bears, homeless, addicts, etc. Worst event in my neighborhood,
while I was growing up, was a neighbor whose purse was grabbed on the
street. And the nice Buick that was stolen. We took the subway
downtown to shop, alone, when we were 11 or 12. No big deal, no worry.
Chicago was much safer when I was growing up than the small town where
I raised my children.