Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - HELP !!! I'm falling and can't get up!!!!

And it was this high (palm down, hand in front of chest)
both ways? I've also walked lawns instead of sidewalks.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

You could sit on a sled and push yourself along with a
couple of sticks
with spiked tips to grip ice. There are also clamp-on
spiked thingies
to put on your feet (for ice fishing?). Best of all, stay
indoors when
the weather guy and authorities tell ya' to. We haven't
(yet) gotten
the freezing rain that had been predicted, but it ain't over
yet. Snow
is crusted over, with sleet? crusted on top. Two kids
snowed in, one at
work...one on a farm with horses. Her county is geared up
to rescue
those caught with power outages or other emergencies.
Propane low, wood
stove goin'.

Hearing from Chicago now with all the folks stuck on Lake
Shore Drive
who are mad at the mayor (again) because they can't get out.
Hell,
Mayor Byrne lost the next election because she didn't stop
the all-time
record breaking blizzard. During that blizzard, it took my
mom eight
hours to drive home from work - one did not get snowed in in
the
neighborhood where she worked. And the stranded motorists
were stunned
that the CPD didn't send their heroes in to rescue them.
New in town,
apparently )

When I was in H.S. we had an ice storm, school not closed.
I lived two
blocks from school and normal transit time was about five
minutes.
After this ice storm, couldn't walk on sidewalks so walked
on tree
lawns. Took an hour to get there and find the campus
flooded - then
walked through ankle deep water to get to the building. No
big deal )