Phisherman

Default Table Saw Rust

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:33:17 -0500, "BeeFarmer"
wrote:

Just wanted to pop in here and ask a question about rust on my table saw. I
have a shop that I don't heat unless I am in there and using it. I figure
that the heat I build up while I am in there probably doesn't help when I
leave at the end of the day and it gets down to freezing. I at one time
would cover the saw with a tarp but now think this might not help as the
heat is trapped and causing condensation. So for now I have sprayed WD40
all over in hopes that it doesn't get too rusty. FYI for the last couple
of years in spring I have to use steel wool and WD40 to clean off the
surface rust...

Any suggestions to keep the rust of is appreciated.

You don't use beeswax on your tablessaw? I would, only that what I've
seen is a bit pricey. I use Johnsons Paste wax instead. If you
want moisture moving away from your saw, place a "piano keeper" in the
cabinet. This is a low-wattage heater used inside pianos to keep
moisture out of them.