Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default 5" ROS choices?

Jim Weisgram wrote:

Bosch. But only has 8 hole pads..., so, maybe ...

I don't see why you couldn't take any vendor's pad and adapt it to a
new sander by drilling holes through the rubber pad to match the
sander.

There's a possibility perhaps, yes. I've not tried actually modifying
one; not sure about whether there's any structure around the mounting
holes specifically or not. That would be about my only concern other
than just the hassle of doing so...

Or for that matter I think you could take an 8-hole pad and add or
modify holes to make it work with 5 and 8 hole paper. I have some 3M
sandpaper with elongated holes so it will work with 5 or 8 hole pads,
that would make a nice template.

PC has introduced pads for theirs that have slots to adapt for either I
see in some looking at options yesterday...If go that route I'll
undoubtedly by those at same time.

Thanks for the rec on Bosch...