Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default 5" ROS choices?

On Feb 2, 12:55*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/2/11 8:55 AM, dpb wrote:

dpb wrote:
Anybody have current suggestions? ...

Nobody has any input at all? Surprising...

I just picked up a DeWalt D26451 for a bit over 50 bucks and I'm very
pleased with it, so far. *It's pretty quiet, doesn't give me numb-hand,
and the built in dust collection is decent.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

It is hard to argue with 50 dollars, even if the performance is only
at 75% to that of a Festool. ( 75% of 5 x 8 hour days, will give you
an extra day off every week.)
In most cases a unit like that will do the job.
If the 'job' is doing a lot of 'jobs', the extra spent on a Festool or
other genuine pro products, quickly becomes a wise and pleasant
investment.
That's not to say that Leon's desire to sand rather than sleep isn't
genuine, but even a Festool sander doesn't quite make the cut, so to
speak.
Maybe that frickin' Mirka might...18 amps.. EIGHTEEN !! Bet the
frickin' thing smells nice too...dammit.

If the 6" Ridgid in its recent incarnation is any indication, the 5"
will probably suck too.
IMHO, you really can't go wrong with Bosch or Milwaukee in most cases.