Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27303 Ignoramus27303 is offline

Default Lloyd, coolant pump

Just a little update on the coolant situation. The problem was that
debris such as milling chips, found its way to a steel tube with a 90
degree bend and lodged there, right in the bend.

They were very stuck in there.

You can see the tube in the middle on top of this picture.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...tober-7820.jpg

Since this seems to be a regular occurrence, I bought a strainer at
McMaster-Carr, item 9875K413. This is an awesome deal at $15, it is
actually large and can clearly do a great job trapping chips. It is
also easy to clean and replacement screens are available, not that
they are needed. I got one with clear bowl, so I cal see the situation
inside.