Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Gold Rush ......... any followers or watchers

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
I have been watching Gold Rush on TV, the story of a group of men who go
Alaska to look for gold.

I have experience with gold mining, having had a mining setup for three
years. The most we found in one day was two ounces. The least was about
as
much as could buy half a pack of cigarettes.

From the start, I could see things they were doing wrong, but figured
they
would solve their problems. Now they have a person experienced in
mining,
and he is telling them things that I would have told them the first week.

The show lost a bunch of credibility when they
started spoiling for a fight with the new guy.

If I were in their shoes and an experienced miner
showed up, the first words out of my mouth would
be "show me how to fix it", not snarling over
my ****ing grounds.

And I don't miss Dorsey at all.

It's very hard to tell anything to someone who knows it all. When Todd
sneered at the teenager for telling him how to fix that Duplex jig, he lost
some or my respect. As you said, I'd suck it up if a really knowledgeable
person showed up, and all I would ask is "How would you like your eggs
cooked?"

Steve