Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frank J Warner Frank J Warner is offline

Default Gold Rush ......... any followers or watchers

In article , Steve B
wrote:

I have experience with gold mining, having had a mining setup for three
years. The most we found in one day was two ounces. The least was about as
much as could buy half a pack of cigarettes.

Twenty-four years ago one of my uncles had a "foolproof" method of
extracting gold from beach sand. He invested everything he had into the
scheme, and leased a portion of the Guadalupe Dunes not far from my
house to test the "equipment."

My uncle died in Las Vegas a couple years later, poor and destitute.
Drowned in his own vomit.

I don't know what the lesson is. Maybe better Scotch, or a better
pillow.

Frank

--
Here's some of my work: