Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default possible problem with Sony flat-face WEGA

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:41:03 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

The condition is usually caused by the CRT's cathode
emission becoming weaker. When the picture no longer
comes on, adjusting the screen control higher will allow
the set to work for a few months to a year more.

I kinda expected that. If you're correct, it looks like I won't get my
money's worth out of the set.

I wonder if anyone still makes CRT heater boosters. grin Remember those?

CRT brighteners are still available but I wouldn't go that route
until the screen control adjustment is no longer effective.