Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Gold Rush ......... any followers or watchers

On 2/1/2011 12:30 PM, Steve B wrote:

The whole thing is interesting, as I have experience gold mining. Yet, for
these guys to pony up $250k and not know their asses from holes in the
ground, I don't have much sympathy for them when they make newbie mistakes.
They all seem to know everything, yet, duh, they make mistakes on the lowest
levels.

Yeah, not much sympathy here either. I know nothing about that level of
gold mining. And if I had a quarter mi to invest, it wouldn't be in gold
mining... But if I were to give it a try, I'd probably spend a year
researching equipment and methods, and would damn sure try to hook up
someone that knew what they were doing as a partner.

I had to laugh, in one episode, one of the guys asks "Where is the
gold?". Where ya find it of course!

Jon