Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Gold Rush ......... any followers or watchers

Steve B wrote:
I have been watching Gold Rush on TV, the story of a group of men who go to
Alaska to look for gold.

I have experience with gold mining, having had a mining setup for three
years. The most we found in one day was two ounces. The least was about as
much as could buy half a pack of cigarettes.

From the start, I could see things they were doing wrong, but figured they
would solve their problems. Now they have a person experienced in mining,
and he is telling them things that I would have told them the first week.

The show lost a bunch of credibility when they
started spoiling for a fight with the new guy.

If I were in their shoes and an experienced miner
showed up, the first words out of my mouth would
be "show me how to fix it", not snarling over
my ****ing grounds.

And I don't miss Dorsey at all.