Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Inspectors are not evil

clipped
what they should be doing, making sure work is done properly and the
house is safe. I don't know if others have had problems but I've
never had an inspector needlessly fail a job because he was out to get
me.

I'm sure inspections vary wildly, but gas and electricity seem to be
treated seriously ... our roofing should not have passed inspection, but
the insp. obviously didn't climb a ladder to spot the bad nailing. Same
inspector (Florida) red-tagged holes for seawall tiebacks that had water
in them...ready to pour marine cement and the tide was up. He didn't
get back to pass it for two days.