Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Why are bath/shower valves mounted low?

Bill wrote:
Why are bath/shower valves mounted so low?

Perhaps because this was first done with clawfoot bathtubs (no wall to
mount to) and they have done it that way ever since?

Seems to me you are always turning the water on/off from a standing
position for either a bath or a shower.... So now that we mount these
in walls, the valves should be mounted higher! Then no need to bend
down to reach the valves.

So I think I will install my new bath/shower valves up higher. Perhaps
as high up as someone could also reach it if taking a bath and wanted
to add more water.

(And of course I will also install the shower head WAY up so it will
be above my head instead of sticking in my nose!)

You COULD install a second set of faucets...