Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave temperatures, Browninig Plate, Harmful???

?
"mike" wrote in message
Microwave temperatures, Browning Plate, Harmful???

My microwave died and I got a new 1100W one.
Big error. With a minimum on-time of 15 seconds,
it cooks the crap out of stuff for some percentage
of the time. 1100W for 15 seconds out of a minute is NOT the same
as 300W for the whole time. It's a PITA to have to
put a cup of water in there to keep food from incinerating.

You don't have power settings? Most have at least four, some have ten.