Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

Default Is it possible to repair a whole house surge suppressor?

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
I think many electrical fires could be stopped if GFCI were required on
all circuits....including faulty appliances that trip them.

Here in Israel they are required by the electric company BEFORE main
breakers.

You can't get a new connection without one, and every few years there is
an advertising campaign to get people to install them in old homes.

We have 230 volt single phase service, and 230 volt 3 phase split into
three
separate circuits, so we don't have the 120/240 problem in the US that
was previously discussed.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.

I did a brief web search and was surprised that as many as 500 children (?)
a year in the US
are electrocuted. Before the GFIs were required in wet areas by code, it was
over 800 per year.

tm