Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pet hates ?

On 1/24/2011 6:38 PM Jeff Liebermann spake thus:

As a former member of the Anti Digit Dialing League and fan of The
Prisoner (I am not a number...), I find the whole effort amusing.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,827416,00.html

You were a member of that then? I'm impressed, even if you were, of
course, ultimately unsuccessful. I miss the old exchange names from my
childhood (Evanston, Ill.): University 4 & 9, Davis 8, Greenleaf 5.

The most quaint aspect of phone numerology I remember is from when I
lived in Flagstaff. There were two old exchanges, 774 and 779. The phone
system, up until the time I left (1989), was set up so you could omit
the "77" and dial a 5-digit phone number; people there would tell you
"call me; my number is 4-8409". That's ancient history now, of course.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.