Colin Wilson

Default Tariff 19? Economy 7 meter change

We have an antique elec. storge system still under something called Tarrif 19
(could easily be called something similar I can't recall what!) snip
Is there any difference?

I would think there is a difference. I`m on a tariff called Option 14
which gives 14 hours of "off peak" per day (9-8am and 1-4pm or something
similar).

If they are trying to force you onto a different tariff, you may find
there is some form of "tariff protection" in force which will allow you
to remain under the original tariff - speak to www.energywatch.org.uk if
they try to talk you into a different one !

Just because a tariff is no longer available to new customers, it doesn`t
mean existing customers having an SMC can be made to lose theirs.