Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Asbestos tile in basement

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:16:30 -0600, "Steve B"
wrote:

woods wrote:

I have the 9x9" asbestos tile in my basement, and I wonder if it would
be ok to just remove the loose tiles, and then glue linoleum on top of
them? Also smooth out the removed tiles with floor cement compound.

If a few of the tiles have come loose, then the rest are about ready to
let go. I just finished a job like this. The tiles that weren't yet
loose came up mostly whole using only a steel prybar.

Check a few more tiles. You might have only a 15-minute job getting rid
of the whole mess.

The above is exactly how one gets exposed to asbestos. Do not disturb
them. Just cover them. That's the safe best way to handle them.