Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default snow removal methods

wrote:
On Jan 31, 2:28*pm, wrote:

Buy a snowblower.
Put in some overtime at work in the time you would have used to build
the thing that won't work right anyhow, and spend the overtime money
on the tools you want - you come out anead no matter which way you
look at it (except you don't have a pile of useless junk taking up
space in the shop when you are done)

I could buy a snow blower, but where is the fun in that.

I really do not mind shoveling snow. Need to do something to get a
little exercise in the winter. But doing the driveway by hand takes a
while. My wife does not want to wait that long before she is able to
go places. So it would be nice to be able to get the driveway clear
in a couple of hours. That would get the driveway clear about the
same time as the county gets the road clear.

Working overtime would mean having to get a job.

Slap together some kind of plow analog that you can bolt to her rear
bumper or whatever so she can back out _through_ the snow, scraping it
aside as she goes. Then run out to the car, take off the plow-thing,
and shovel the rest at leisure. ;-)

Have you discovered the bent shovel? I had an opportunity to use one
of those in Minnesota a few decades ago, and it almost made shoveling
fun!

Cheers!
Rich