Charlie Self

Default Table Saw Rust

Sweet Sawdust responds:

"Eric Johnson" wrote in message
Automotive car wax will protect from rust and I think makes the stock
feeding considerably smoother.

automotive car wax works fine as a rust inhibitor and leaves a nice smooth
coating that allows wood to slide real easy, I think the silicone in the wax
makes it slicker then the other waxes. The silicone also coats the wood
being sawn and helps protect it from things such as wood finishes and
stains. I use Johnson's paste floor wax myself, almost as slick as the car
wax and no silicone to mess up a finish.

That first line had me going.

I'm waiting until it warms up a tad to spread a couple coats of shellac on my
cast iron tables. It's here, I've got plenty of rags, but it is also about 13
degrees F. which ain't the best set-up for finishing.

Charlie Self
"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure."
Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html