Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Use deep discharge marine battery as emergency power source?

wrote in message
I've been wanting to buy/use a marine battery as a 1vdc
power source for emergencies such as ice storms etc

Thing is I don't know if there exists a "box" that will
contain he battery yet allow USB and 12vdc "ports" to
be obtained from it?

Bottom line...does there exist a "box" that will hold a
heavy battery such as this yet maybe have internal
connections for USB charging ports and still allow hook
up of 12vdc car "trouble" lights for home lighting?

Something to consider ..........

I have battery boxes that have exterior terminals, 1/4" plug-ins, cigarette
lighter plug-ins, and a meter on the outside to tell you how much juice is
in the battery. Don't remember where I got them, but they ARE available.
Probably a boat supply house. Shop around.

Second consideration .......... get two 6v. batteries and hook together.
They have thicker plates, weigh more, take charging/discharging for many
more cycles than regular batteries, are about the same price, but more
importantly, give you MUCH more amp hours on a charge.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.