Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Electrical subpanel just for bathroom!

On 1/31/2011 11:04 AM, Bill wrote:
[Note: Subpanel would not be located in bathroom - elsewhere...]

I'm redoing my bathroom and am thinking of everything which would be
good to have now as well as what might be needed in the future. This
project started out by planning to install just one 20 amp circuit...

I've since added a 240 volt wall heater and a whirlpool tub which both
require their own separate circuits. Then thought since I had the
outside wall torn apart, it would be a good idea to install an outside
outlet on the other side (separate circuit)...

Now I just read about "electric toilets"! Yes a separate outlet would be
needed for an electric toilet. One model has a pump to flush with more
force. Another has a heated seat and warmed water spray bidet with a

...drum roll....

Remote control!

Yes a toilet seat with a remote control.

And I suppose that needs a separate circuit as well?

Anyway now I think I will install an outlet under the toilet as well for
the future.

Careful you don't get the dreaded "split stream" and **** in the outlet.
Although that would be a good way to test the GFCI.