Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Need models to buy, and to avoid for laptop computer

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:01:45 -0800, wrote:

My wife's Dell computer has died, according to our son who is a computer
expert. I am looking for suggestions on brands to buy and to avoid,
when we go out looking tomorrow. She is looking at PC World and
Consumer's Reports for info, but I thought some opinions from the
trenches was also important. Suggestions to buy and/or to avoid.

Thanks

Avoid Dell, HP, Acer.

Look into IBM, Asus, Toshiba, Panasonic.