Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default change from oil to Gas combi or stored water

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:36:07 -0000, curious wrote:

£260 for 500 litres at moment which lasts about 6 weeks in winter. Over
Christmass and new year lasted only 4 weeks.

Pah, bought 1000l on 14 Dec, bought another 1000l on 20 Jan and for
more than your 52p/l inc VAT. B-( BTW 1000 and 2000l is quite often
a break point in discount, our supplier will normally knock 1p/l off
for 2000l and "negociate" for 1000l.

Another issue is the cold water storage tank in loft. This was replaced
with a plastic/PVC one 20 years ago so how long do they last before
needing replaced.

There are ones in one of our lofts that are probably getting on for
30 years old. Plastic tanks, properly installed, out of sunlight last
basically for ever.

--
Cheers
Dave.