Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default change from oil to Gas combi or stored water

"cynic" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 2:40 pm, curious wrote:
I am thinking of changing from a warmflow bluebird oil boiler to gas but
don't know whether to go for a combi gas boiler or stay with my current
setup of stored hot and cold water. We had a water cut of 3 days in the
new
year and stored water was a blessing so what are the main advantages of a
combi. Gas heating is still in the minority in Northern Ireland at the
moment but catchingup.

Question 1 - Why do you want to move away from oil which is a fuel
which can be easily shopped around for and if bought in summer is
invariably cheaper

£260 for 500 litres at moment which lasts about 6 weeks in winter. Over
Christmass and new year lasted only 4 weeks.
Another issue is the cold water storage tank in loft. This was replaced with
a plastic/PVC one 20 years ago so how long do they last before needing
replaced. Galvanised one was 25 years old when it needed replace.

..