Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kevin(Bluey) Kevin(Bluey) is offline

Default Bought a new Honda Lawn Mower

On 1/31/2011 3:09 PM, Hawke wrote:
I bought a new Honda lawn mower from Home Despot this week. It cost me
650 bucks. All I can say is this thing better work great and it better
last me at least 10 years for that price. I bought a 225 dollar
Craftsman a couple of years ago and it won't even start now. I hope it's
true that you get what you pay for. I paid for a good one. Anybody else
spend their money on a Honda mower? And was it worth it?

Hawke

The Honda will last ,I bought a Honda Buffalo ( sold here in Australia
) ,damn thing starts every time first pull . No ripping the arm out of
its socket trying to start , plenty of grunt for thick grass and a nice
wide cut.I dont think you regret the money .

As a point of interest I paid $800.00 AUD two years ago.So far no trouble .

I must say that the Briggs powered mower I had before lasted 23 years
before I near dislocated my arm socket trying to start it .
I did change oil and filters regularly and washed it dowwn every time
after use .

The Honda should last as long if not longer with the same care.

--
Kevin (Bluey)