Doug Miller

Default Table Saw Rust

In article , "Eric Johnson" wrote:
Automotive car wax will protect from rust and I think makes the stock
feeding considerably smoother.

Bad Idea.

Don't use car wax on woodworking equipment. The silicone in it will cause
fisheye when you apply finish.

Non-silicone-bearing paste waxes include:
* Johnson's Paste Wax
* Minwax Paste Finishing Wax
* Butcher's

Other products that may be more effective at preventing rust are Boeshield,
T9, and TopCote.

This has been discussed _to_death_ in this newsgroup. Doesn't _anybody_ use
Google anymore?

"BeeFarmer" wrote in message
Just wanted to pop in here and ask a question about rust on my table saw.

have a shop that I don't heat unless I am in there and using it. I

figure
that the heat I build up while I am in there probably doesn't help when I
leave at the end of the day and it gets down to freezing. I at one time
would cover the saw with a tarp but now think this might not help as the
heat is trapped and causing condensation. So for now I have sprayed WD40
all over in hopes that it doesn't get too rusty. FYI for the last couple
of years in spring I have to use steel wool and WD40 to clean off the
surface rust...

Any suggestions to keep the rust of is appreciated.

--

OhioBeeFarmer
Getting kids involved in Beekeeping