Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17662 Ignoramus17662 is offline

Default 4th axis Rotary table now works great

On 2011-01-30, John wrote:
If you had a scope on the output of the resolver you would see the wave
being clipped because of saturation of the core of the resolver the
other problem that can occur is clipping occurring in the amplifier
itself causing the same problem. I went through this problem many years
ago when i was supplied with a bad set of installation prints on a
Bendix flight director A/P system that I was doing an STC on. They had
the resolver inputs and outputs reversed on the print and it had an 6:1
ratio.

I have not used my oscilloscope, but I think that the wave was not
really clipped by the resolver -- it was clipped when used as an input
to the resolver to encoder converter board, by the board itself.