Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default snow removal methods

I found a 16 inch cut electric snow blower on the curb. One
miserable dump of snow day, I dragged it out from where I'd
stored it. Wonders, it moved snow so well that I used it
more often. I had given up on ever keeping my truck cleared
out.

Later, I got a two cycle gas mixer snow thrower. I think 3
HP. That has been a work horse for me, for several years.

Some guys get 7 HP with front and rear travel, two stage
thrower, and all that. My 3 HP single stage has done wll for
me, for years.

All depends on your budget, and your driveway size.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I researched the weather before I moved, but to no avail.
The snow
falls last year and this year have been above normal and the
average
temperature has been below normal. Add a longish driveway
and I have
been spending too much time removing snow. Last year one of
my
neighbors let me use her snow blower when we had a lot of
snow. And
although I had good intentions, I did not do anything beyond
buying a
snow shovel before this year. But good intentions are cheap
and now I
am thinking about what to do to be ready for next year.

So has anyone built something that works well for snow
removal? Or
conversely has anyone built something that did not work well
although
it seemed like a good idea at the time?

Dan