Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Brand Recommendations For Bathroom Faucet ?

Colbyt wrote:
wrote in message
Hi,

Have to replace my bathroom sink two handled Chrome faucet.

Are there any general conclusions as to which brands are "best" ?

I see HD and Lowes seem to carry

American Standard
Delta
Price Pfister
etc.

and, an Aqua something which might be a house brand ?

Would like to keep the cost to below $ 65.

Reputation wise, how do they stack up ?

Or, do they all come out of China these days with cheap plastic parts,
and are pretty much the same ?

Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I am a big fan of Delta. I use them in all the houses I own.

Good quality at a decent price. Not as good as they formerly were but then
nothing is as good.

The seats and springs are cheap to replace when the time finally comes and
they last a long time between changes.

Colbyt

Hi,
When I had this house built in 1994 I specified all Delta fixtures.
So far so good. Not a single problem yet. Knocking on the wood!
Only plumbing related item I replaced couple time is flapper in the
toilet water tank, ISE garburater in the kitchen sink which was a
easy job.