Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Searching Usenet

On 1/30/2011 2:33 PM Tegger spake thus:

Metspitzer wrote in
:

Google has changed from enormously valuable search tool to a useless
piece of crap.

It's still pretty good, but you do need to tailor your search terms
carefully, with judicious use of symbols like +, - and "".

I agree with his "piece of crap" comment. It's true that Google has a
vast searchable Usenet archive (bought from Deja News), but their search
is often broken beyond repair, no matter what kind of search terms one
uses. Dunno how well it works now, but I've had bad luck with it in the
past.

And there are two other good reasons to hate Google Groups: the mistaken
impression that Usenet *is* Google Groups, which they do little to
dispel, and the fact that GG is a huge spam portal, despite Google's
protestations against spam.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.