Posted to alt.home.repair,free.UseNet
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Replace DeWalt chuck with quick-change chuck?

"Ed Pawlowski" esp snetnospam.net wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote
"Ed Pawlowski" esp snetnospam.net wrote:
"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Assuming it exists... Anybody know what the name might be, of
a quickchange adapter to replace a regular chuck? I would
like to remove a DeWalt 18 V drill (DCD760) chuck and replace
it with a quickchange chuck.

Thanks.

Yes, they are called quick change chucks.

Is that similar to a "quickchange chuck"?

DeWalt makes one as well as many others. Amazon lists 130
different items under quick change chuck.

I am talking about a replacement chuck that is a quickchange
chuck, a quickchange chuck that screws onto the arbor/shaft of
an ordinary drill in place of the ordinary chuck. I am not
talking about a quickchange chuck that fits into an ordinary
chuck. I am talking about a quickchange chuck that "replaces a
regular chuck", one that would "replace the regular chuck with
a quickchange chuck".

The English word "replace" means "take the place of" or "put in
place of".

What then, does that word "adapter" you used mean???????

So you were confused by that one word, while your dismissive reply
misinterpreted every other word in my post.

Why not learn to use Google or Bing?

Why not learn to read? And then take your personal problems to an
appropriate group.

Apparently you know of no such device. And apparently there is no
such device, or it is very difficult to find. And that is why I
asked here instead of "googling" (or whatever you want to call it).

Real answers is what UseNet is for. If you are a moron, you might
be better off being a lurker. If you just don't know, fine, but do
not pretend that you do.

From: "Ed Pawlowski" esp snetnospam.net
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Replace DeWalt chuck with quick-change chuck?