Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace DeWalt chuck with quick-change chuck?

On 30 Jan 2011 19:10:27 GMT, John Doe wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

?
"John Doe" wrote in message
b.com...
Assuming it exists... Anybody know what the name might be, of a
quickchange adapter to replace a regular chuck? I would like to
remove a DeWalt 18 V drill (DCD760) chuck and replace it with a
quickchange chuck.

Thanks.

Yes, they are called quick change chucks.

Is that similar to a "quickchange chuck"?

DeWalt makes one as well as many others. Amazon lists 130
different items under quick change chuck.

I am talking about a replacement chuck that is a quickchange
chuck, a quickchange chuck that screws onto the arbor/shaft of an
ordinary drill in place of the ordinary chuck. I am not talking
about a quickchange chuck that fits into an ordinary chuck. I am
talking about a quickchange chuck that "replaces a regular chuck",
one that would "replace the regular chuck with a quickchange
chuck".

The English word "replace" means "take the place of" or "put in
place of".

....and your point is? Have you even done a Google search? In about 10
seconds:

http://www.thefind.com/hardware/info...lacement-chuck