Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default Shaker 2-steper

nice project. shaker furniture is very basic and functional. john
"C & S" wrote in message ...
My new year resolution was to spend a little time making a few things for no other reason than I though they looked cool.

I was inspired by an entry in this very good book :" The Book of Shaker Furniture" by John Kassay

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Shaker-Fu.../dp/0870232754

The original had a nailed on top. This one uses wedged through mortises on the aprons. The stretcher is a haunched through dovetail. Otherwise, it's a dimentionally accurate reproduction.

Thanks for looking,

-Steve