Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default snow removal methods

On Jan 30, 1:28*pm, " wrote:
So has anyone built something that works well for snow removal? *Or
conversely has anyone built something that did not work well although
it seemed like a good idea at the time?

Dan

I built this which works well for large open areas, not so well for
paths:
http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/H...65918437561074

This year it's down for hydraulic pump problems and I've been using a
little 3HP snow blower for the path around the house and mostly a
shovel for my short driveway. 3HP is at (below?) the very bottom end
of adequate, though nicely maneuverable in tight places.

Most people around here buy a two-stage snowblower with enough power
to clear the icy mess the town plow pushes into their driveway. But
remember that you will be standing on slippery ice while you muscle it
around.

JSW in NH