Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Laptop not charging.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:44:32 -0600, Ken wrote:

http://www.deliran.net/refrence/Insp...eng/td_fan.htm

You can just see the charger board under the system board top left.
Luckily it looks like you can get to the back of the socket and
'device' with the thing mostly in one piece. Soo, if I measure a
voltage on one side of said device and not the other (with battery in
and charger in an on) /and/ it looks like it's wired in series with
the power socket it would most likely be a fuse?

Is there any component designation?? Such as "F1" stamped on the
board? Sometimes such a designation can tell you what the component is.

Understood but to be honest, whilst I was generally (subconsciously
even) looking out for anything untoward I wasn't looking for that
level of issue at the time (I was in 'let's change this socket and
hope the laptop still works afterwards').

Is there any marking on the component? That also could tell you what
it is. Are there any similar components elsewhere on the board? What
is the resistance across other components of the same type compared to
this one?

All good questions and when he's available next we will look at it
closer and with the DMM. ;-)

Cheers, T i m