Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Not metal but materials question

On Jan 29, 6:01*am, TwoGuns wrote:
I have an AMERICAN HARVEST JET STREAM OVEN that I love and use daily.
After ten years *the cover has developed a crack. I can order a new
cover and it will cost about $45 with S&H. I can get a new oven online
for around $125. However it would take three weeks or so to get a new
oven and the same for the new cover. I will probably order a new oven
but while I am waiting I would like to attempt a fix of the crack. Is
there a certain type of EPOXY that might work? The inside temperature
of the oven reaches 400F on the highest setting but touching the
outside of the cover during operation will not burn you.
T.I.A
DL

I'd drill the crack so it stops running. I've sewn cracks with wire.
I'd order the new cover. Usually more cracks will be coming.
Karl