Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Laptop not charging.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:50:38 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

On 29/01/2011 12:24, T i m wrote:
So, is there anything else we could do to try to work out what's going
on here please? I still have some test gear from my 'daze' as a
support tech (DMMs, scope, fc, bench PSU etc).

There is a vietnamese web forum that has full schematics for many laptops.

Paste the following into google

site:kythuatvitinh.com inspiron 1545

Thanks for that. ;-)

You'll have to join the forum to download taking care to practice 'safe
hex' with documents you may get.

"Sorry, You should have 10 Points to download: ..."?

I'm not sure how I glean points there and whatever it is I'm not sure
I could do so in Vietnamese (even with Google translate).

Frustratingly close though ...

Cheers, T i m