Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Brick wall specification

On Jan 29, 10:30*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
I have in mind to ask about the brick spec (I know about frost
resistance and absorbancy ratings), and capping.

Quite a height...
Brick-and-a-half (300mm) might be a good idea.
Blue curved edge brick cappings give a quality finish.
Blue class-a engineering from foundations to above ground.

Also, how long would it take to build such a wall (one person),
and any rough idea on price (London)?

I can not brick lay to save my life.

So I made a bricky-tool out of wood, half-round to the inside to shape
the mortar, thickness to suit mortar, wall interlocking to create a
great line. All I had to do was locate it on the wall, shovel on
mortar, wipe level with a scrap of wood, place the bricks with perps
coated. Use a bead to round the perps (the most difficult thing I am
so hopeless).

It worked fine, indeed it looked absolutely precision-immaculate...
like those utility buildings.

Perhaps that was the wrong thing to say!